My American High School
ExchangeMate International Education Private Day School Programs offer students the opportunity to attend a semester, year, or even multiple years of high school in an American school with the F-1 visa.
Some private schools even accept middle school students, as they have combined level campuses (K-12).
Private day schools offer a higher level of academics, smaller class sizes, and personalized attention. This is a great option for students who intend to apply for college after they graduate from high school.
Students apply directly to the specific school they are interested in attending.
Private day schools are much smaller than public schools, offering a better academic setting for international students who need more guidance and support. The curriculum is designed with a focus on college preparation. As a result, private day school students generally perform higher on standardized achievement tests than public school students. All students attending private day schools are allowed to graduate and receive a diploma!
In addition to the regular academic curriculum, students who choose to attend an American private day school have access to specialty programs. These schools offer a variety of AP classes, and some have very specific programs such as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Robotics, Web Design, Anatomy and Physiology. There are also options in the Fine & Performing Arts field, such as Studio Art, Film Making, Competitive Dance, and Music programs. Students can also join a variety of sports programs and other after school clubs and activities.
All students attending private day schools will be placed with local host families. ExchangeMate coordinators personally screen all host families who are accepted into the program. Coordinators will also assist our headquarters office with the student placement and supervision during the student’s stay in the U.S. Coordinators and host families will work together guiding and supporting the students in every step of their high school experience.
Acceptance & Visa
Once acceptance into the program has been granted, the school district will issue a Form I-20.
Students must bring the Form I-20 along with personal and financial documents to the American Consulate/Embassy in their home countries in order to apply for the F-1 visa.
Welcome Week Orientation & Activities
All students are required to arrive a few days before the official school start date in order to attend ExchangeMate USA welcome week orientation and activities in Orlando, FL. Students will stay for 3 days (2 nights) at a hotel in Orlando where they will attend arrival orientation and join ExchangeMate USA staff and coordinators in local activities, including a visit to Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme park.
American schools offer a wide variety of sports and other extracurricular activities. Students are encouraged to join sports teams, music groups, social clubs, theater, and any other activities after school. This is a great way to socialize and make friends while improving your English!
All international students are required to have full insurance coverage while in the program. ExchangeMate USA may offer comprehensive health insurance upon request. Students must also have all vaccines required by the state where they are going to attend school.
ExchangeMate International Education offers public and private high school placement in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Main, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Utah, Virginia, Washington.
High School Program
To be part of our High School Programs, you have to:
- Must be between 14 and 18 years old.
- Have an intermediate level of English.
- Hold and maintain a passing grade point average.
- Provide academic transcripts of the last 3 years, including current year.
- Have not graduated from high school in their home country.
Included on this program
- High school placement in selected schools
- Paid host family accommodation with breakfast and dinner during the week and all 3 meals on weekends and holidays
- Guardianship form
- Tuition and mandatory school fees
- Airport transfer
- Arrival orientation in Orlando, FL
- Welcome week orientation and activities
- Year pass for Universal Studios Florida® & Islands of Adventure™ (Florida students)
- Day pass for Islands of Adventure (Students going to other locations)
- Visa document (Form I-20)
- Program certificate
- ExchangeMate USA full-time support and supervision during the program
Not Included on this program
- SEVIS, visa, and passport fees
- Compulsory physical, TB tests and other required immunizations on arrival
- Public transportation monthly pass
- School lunches
- School uniforms (if required)
- Book fees and school supplies
- Extracurricular activities and optional group activities
- Medical & liability insurance
Please fill out the form and we will contact you soon!
Do you want to study in the United States?
We have several options of schools and locations, so students can customize their program based on their personal preferences and goals.