My host family
Host families are a very important part of an international student’s experience in the USA.
They are the ones who make this experience possible by giving international students the opportunity to learn more about a new culture and develop language and leadership skills that will serve them throughout their lives.
Being a Host Family is not about just providing students with a room and board, but to welcome them as a new member of your family.
ExchangeMate USA Host Families are expected to include their students in their daily activities, build memories together and help them adjust to life in America.
Most international students are eager to have a true American experience, learn more about the American culture and what is like to live in the USA.
Having a loving and supportive Host Family is the key to a successful American experience.
ExchangeMate USA International Coordinators will be there for you and your student in every step of the way.
You will have a great support system to help you with anything you need.
All Host Families receive their coordinator’s phone number, a 24 hour emergency number and a monthly stipend to help cover the costs associated with having another person in the home.
BENEFITS OF HOSTING AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
- Create a lifelong International friendship
- Introduce your family to a new language, culture and tradition without leaving home
- Grow closer as a family as you help your new son/daughter learn more about your family values and beliefs
- Increase cultural awareness in your home and community
- Help to change the life of an International student
- Receive a monthly stipend to help cover the costs of your student
- Receive 24/7 support from our local coordinators
ExchangeMate USA offers Homestay Services in several locations throughout the country. We are always looking for new Host Families who are interested in hosting our international students and be part of this rewarding experience!
Please contact us if you live in any of these locations and would like to receive more information on how to become an ExchangeMate USA Host Family!
Become a Host Family
Host Family Requirements
To become a Host Family, you will:
- Provide a safe, warm and nurturing environment to your International Student
- Be willing to share your family’s life with your student
- Ensure an English-speaking environment
- Provide a private bedroom for the student, with their own bed, desk and closet
- Provide 2 balanced meals a day during the week and 3 meals on weekends and holidays (students usually buy their own lunch at school during the week)
- Receive a monthly stipend per student you host
- Assist with occasional transportation
- Pass an interview and criminal background check
If you are interested in becoming an ExchangeMate USA Host Family, please fill out the form and we will contact you soon!
Do you want to study in the United States?
We have several options of schools and locations, so students can customize their program based on their personal preferences and goals.
Warning: Undefined array key 0 in /home/customer/www/exchangemate.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/divi-pixel/includes/modules/Testimonial/Testimonial.php on line 1467
I ’m very honored to have shared my life this year in the USA.