My American High School
ExchangeMate International Education Public High School Program offers students the opportunity to attend an American high school with the F-1 visa for either one or two academic semesters (4 to 5 or 9 to 10 months).
All international students attending public schools with the F-1 visa are required to pay a tuition fee to the school or school district they are accepted in; therefore, these fees are already included in the program.
Students apply directly to a specific city and school district and may choose up to 3 schools within that district.
International students who attend a public school in the United States are allowed to try out for school sports (restrictions may apply as per each state’s law). They may join after school clubs and activities and take honors and AP classes according to their grade level placement and previous school transcript. In some school districts, students are even allowed to graduate and receive a diploma!
American public schools are usually quite large with an average of 2,000 to 3,000 students in attendance. Students have access to state-of-the-art facilities with everything they need right on campus. Public high schools have their own auditorium, labs, music and fine arts rooms, media center, library, cafeteria, gymnasiums, and other sports facilities. Students can choose from a wide array of subjects, clubs, sports and other extracurricular activities. ExchangeMate highly encourages students to get involved in school events and after school activities as much as possible. This is a great way to socialize, meet people, and make the most out of their American high school experience.
All students attending public schools will be placed with local host families. ExchangeMate coordinators personally screen all host families who are accepted into the program. Coordinators will also assist our headquarters office with student placement and supervision during the student’s stay in the U.S. Coordinators and host families will work together guiding and supporting the students in every step of their high school experience.
Acceptance & Visa
Once acceptance into the program has been granted, the school district will issue a Form I-20.
Students must bring the Form I-20 along with personal and financial documents to the American Consulate/Embassy in their home countries in order to apply for the F-1 visa.
ExchangeMate International Education offers public and private high school placement in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Main, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Utah, Virginia, Washington.
High School Program
To be part of our High School Programs, you have to:
- Must be between 14 and 18 years old.
- Have an intermediate level of English.
- Hold and maintain a passing grade point average.
- Provide academic transcripts of the last 3 years, including current year.
- Have not graduated from high school in their home country.
Included on this program
- High school placement in selected schools
- Paid host family accommodation with breakfast and dinner during the week and all 3 meals on weekends and holidays
- Guardianship form
- Tuition and mandatory school fees
- Airport transfer
- Arrival orientation in Orlando, FL
- Welcome week orientation and activities
- Year pass for Universal Studios Florida® & Islands of Adventure™ (Florida students)
- Day pass for Islands of Adventure (Students going to other locations)
- Visa document (Form I-20)
- Program certificate
- ExchangeMate USA full-time support and supervision during the program
Not Included on this program
- SEVIS, visa, and passport fees
- Compulsory physical, TB tests and other required immunizations on arrival
- Public transportation monthly pass
- School lunches
- School uniforms (if required)
- Book fees and school supplies
- Extracurricular activities and optional group activities
- Medical & liability insurance
Please fill out the form and we will contact you soon!
Do you want to study in the United States?
We have several options of schools and locations, so students can customize their program based on their personal preferences and goals.